At Camp Blue Haven, every camper will have the opportunity for a safe and uplifting camping experience.
A fun-filled, spiritually charged adventure is better facilitated when campers know their boundaries. Most importantly, all campers will be treated, and in turn should treat others in a Christ-like manner.
The following list of policies will be included in each camper’s online packet. Campers and parents/guardians must agree to all policies.
1. All electronic devices are prohibited: cell phones, electronic games, iPods, mp3 players, DVD players, tablets, iPads, etc. Any electronic devices brought to camp will be taken up and stored for the duration of the camp session.
2. Camp Blue Haven will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
3. Dress code: NO shorts, leggings or yoga pants except in/around shower house) – All pants, capris, skirts, or dresses must cover knees and cannot be too low on hips or too tight. NO tank tops, midriff type, tight or low-cut tops, or clothing with inappropriate designs, slogans or images. A camper may be asked to change if clothing is deemed inappropriate.
4. Possession or use of alcohol, tobacco in any form, illegal drugs, and/or drug paraphernalia is absolutely prohibited. A zero-tolerance policy for this rule will be enforced—campers will be sent home at parent’s expense and without refund of tuition.
5. Lighters, firearms, fireworks, knives (even pocket knives), or any other weapons are strictly prohibited.
6. Campers will not leave camp without permission of the camp director.
7. Boys are not to be in the girls’ cabin area, and girls are not to be in the boys’ cabin area. Campers may not visit staff cabins without permission.
8. Stay out of creeks and ponds in unsupervised situations.
9. Do not throw objects, including people, in creeks and ponds.
10. Do not throw rocks at any time, for any reason.
11. Trading Post snacks must be kept in Trading Post area. All trash should be put in trashcans.
12. To focus on spiritual growth, campers and single staff members will refrain from dating or hand-holding.
13. No visitation from peers while camp is in session.
14. Telephones are for staff use only. Campers can only use the phone in emergencies or for baptism permission.
15. Vulgar, profane, or hurtful language will not be tolerated.
16. Campers’ personal vehicles are to be parked in the parking lot and are not to be used during the session.
17. Campers must be good stewards of camp property. Destruction or damage to camp property will result in consequences. Campers may be asked to pay for damages.
The Camp Blue Haven Board of Directors and Administration have enacted these rules to ensure the best Blue Haven experience possible.