At Camp Blue Haven, every camper will have the opportunity for a safe and uplifting camping experience.
A fun-filled, spiritually charged adventure is better facilitated when campers know their boundaries. Most importantly, all campers will be treated, and in turn should treat others in a Christ-like manner.
The following rules will be included in each camper’s online packet. By attending camp, the camper and parents/guardians are agreeing that the camper will abide by these rules while at camp.
1. All electronic devices are prohibited: cell phones, electronic games, iPods, mp3 players, DVD players, tablets, iPads, etc. Any electronic devices brought to camp will be taken up and stored for the duration of the camp session.
2. Dress code: NO shorts, leggings or yoga pants (except inside cabins and in/around shower house) – All pants, capris, skirts, or dresses must cover knees and cannot be too low on hips or too tight. NO tank tops, midriff type, tight or low-cut tops, or clothing with inappropriate designs, slogans or images. A camper may be asked to change if clothing is deemed inappropriate.
3. Possession or use of alcohol, tobacco in any form, illegal drugs, and/or drug paraphernalia is absolutely prohibited. A zero-tolerance policy for this rule will be enforced—campers will be sent home at parent’s expense and without refund of tuition.
4. Lighters, firearms, fireworks, knives (even pocket knives), or any other weapons are strictly prohibited.
5. Vulgar, profane, or hurtful language will not be tolerated.
6. Campers may not leave camp without permission of the camp director. Campers’ personal vehicles are to be parked in the parking lot and keys should be turned in to the office for the session.
7. Non-camping peers may not visit while camp is in session.
8. Campers and single staff members will refrain from public displays of affection.
9. Boys are not to be in the girls’ cabin area, and girls are not to be in the boys’ cabin area. Campers may not visit staff cabins without permission.
10. Campers may only use the phone in emergencies or for baptism permission.
11. Do not throw rocks. Do not throw objects into creeks and ponds. Stay out of creeks and ponds in unsupervised situations.
12. Campers must be good stewards of camp property. Snacks must be kept in the Trading Post area and all trash should be put in trashcans. Destruction or damage to camp property will result in consequences. Campers may be asked to pay for damages.
13. Blue Haven Youth Camp, Inc. may utilize images or videos of campers for any purpose including, but not limited to, print publications, online publications, presentations, websites, and social media.