Q: When and How do I sign up for camp for the first time?
A: Registration for NEW CAMPERS (did not attend previous summer):
- Opens on January 15th at 9 PM, CST at signup.campbluehaven.com. You must register promptly at 9:00 pm to improve the chances of obtaining a spot.
- You may register for multiple sessions or every session.
- No payment is required at this time.
- All registrants who have been placed as a camper will be notified via email by February 1st.
- If you are not notified via email, your name remains on a wait list for that session in the order the registration was received based on a computer generated time stamp. If you are on the wait list and a spot becomes open for you, you will be notified as soon as possible. However, because we cannot control when cancellations are made, sometimes we cannot notify you of an opening until "the last minute."
A: Registration for RETURNING CAMPERS (attended previous summer):
- Opens January 1st at midnight and closes on January 14th at 11:59:59 PM, CST.
- Registration will be offline on January 15th until New Camper Registration opens at 9:00 PM, CST.
- Returning campers are guaranteed a spot in the session they attended the previous year, provided they register between January 1st - 14th.
- Returning campers must register before 11:59:59 PM, CST on January 14! All open spots remaining will be filled by new campers that register on January 15th.
- You are still welcome to register for camp, but your application will revert to a new camper status and your name will be added to the bottom of the waiting list.
Q: Can I attend a session I did not attend last year?
A: Returning campers who register between January 1-14 are guaranteed a spot only in the session they attended the previous summer. A returning camper desiring to change sessions should do the following:
- Register for the SAME session attended in the previous summer between January 1-14
- Send an email to the registrar email@example.com with the following information: Camper name, session attended previous year, new session desired for the upcoming summer, and the reason for the desired session change.
- Once the returning camper registration ends at the close of day on January 14th, the session change requests will be assessed by the registrar in the order in which email requests were received. The camper will be notified by the registrar as soon as possible concerning the request based on availability in the new session.
*We recommend that you register your camper as a new camper for the desired session. In the event that the desired session is full with its own returning campers, registering as a new camper for the desired session allows you to be on the wait list in the earliest time slot possible. Be sure to register as a new camper PROMPTLY on January 15th at 9PM CST.
Camp Blue Haven reserves the right to decline the change based on session capacity.
Q: Can I attend more than one session?
A: NEW CAMPERS (did not attend previous summer) may register for multiple or every session. If you get into more than one session, you can choose to cancel any session registration that you decide not to accept.
A: RETURNING CAMPERS (attended previous summer) only have a “returning camper status” for the session or sessions that they attended the previous summer. A Returning Camper wishing to attend new additional sessions must register as a "new camper" for any additional sessions.
Q: What information is needed to register?
A: You will need to have the following information ready:
- Camper's name, mailing address, phone number, email address, age, birthday, and grade that he/she will be going into next fall
- Parent's name, mailing address, phone number, email address
- Session requested for this summer
- Returning campers only will need to provide session attended last summer
- Home congregation
- Baptism permission
- Cabinmate preferences
Q: How and when will I find out if I got in?
A: All registrants who have been placed as a camper will be notified via email by February 1st.
You may check the status of your registration at signup.campbluehaven.com/camperstatus
Keep in mind:
- Returning campers are guaranteed a spot in the session they attended the previous summer, provided they register by 11:59 PM (Central Time) on January 14th.
- All open spots remaining will be filled by new campers that register on January 15th.
- If you are not notified via email by February 1, your name remains on a wait list for that session in the order the registration was received based on a computer generated time stamp.
- If you are on the wait list and a spot becomes open for you, you will be notified as soon as possible. However, because we cannot control when cancellations are made, sometimes we cannot notify you of an opening until "the last minute."
Q: Will I have to pay when I register?
A: Payment is not required at the time of registration
- New campers will NOT be able to make payment during the registration process
- When new campers are notified they have a spot in a session, the payment process information will be provided
- Returning campers will have the opportunity to pay when they register